We are on week three of lock down and have experienced an overwhelming amount of support from our local community. This week especially we have been inundated with gifts and we couldn’t be more thankful.
We’d like to shine a spotlight on those who have been hugely generous this week, to show our appreciation:
- Diane Olalla, for donating handmade uniform bags and fiddle blankets for patients.
- Trophystore.co.uk for donating hundreds of Haribo Starmix
- Iceland Acocks Green for donating sweet treats
- Staff member Trudy, for rallying support within her community in order to supply treats and extra washing supplies to staff at ROH.
- BidFood for donating 1000 Easter eggs
- The Wax Company, for donating hand and body wash as well as hand lotion for all our staff to enjoy.
- Emma Frost at the Body Shop, for donating over 30 tubes of hand cream.
- Biscuits and chocolates donated by Tracey Stanford
- Fundraiser Beth Robin who donated cotton uniform bags
- Gems At Work, for donating 400 Easter eggs and 600 Kind Snack bars.
- Krispy Kreme for donating masses of doughnuts
- Summer House Bar & Grill for donating 1000 Easter eggs
- PerksatWork for donating over 800 protein shakes
All these amazing gifts have been distributed to patients and staff across the hospital, and we have many more to come next week.
Distributing these gifts has given the whole hospital a sense of community, morale is boosted and smiles have been spread, all because of the support you have given us. After a long stressful shift or a lonely day without visitors, these gifts mean so much.
In order to ensure all this are utilised appropriately, we decided to gifts some of the above to fellow emergency workers at Bournvile Police Station and Northfield Fire Station. West Midlands police will be distributing these to children in the community throughout the next week.
Fundraisers Olivia & Natalie have continued to wow us by publicising their appeals in the wider community. Both have been able to engage the local press on their fundraising venture’s and has had an amazing response. Check out their pages by visiting our COVID-19 support page.
We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed, donated and fundraised for us during this team. We are so grateful.