Children & Young People’s Appeal
For a child or young person, a hospital visit can be a scary experience. With your support, we can create a hospital environment that makes younger patients feel positive and comfortable when they need it most.
The Children and Young People’s Centre (CYPC) at The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital cares for those aged 0-17 with a variety of complex conditions including spinal deformity and rare cancers. Patients visit for pre or post-surgical, diagnostic or therapeutic care. We always want to provide the best experience for patients and families where possible, which is where your support can help.
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital is known for providing outstanding care, however the current CYPC wasn’t specially designed to support children and young people, and we want this to change. We want to create a more vibrant space that meets the needs of young patients and families. With your help, we can go the extra mile and ensure the centre is above and beyond any patients’ expectations.
The current centre
We are fundraising for £50,000 to transform our Children and Young People’s Centre, this includes:
- Bright and colourful waiting areas with entertainment to keep everyone happy whilst they wait
- Clinic rooms tailored for comfort and reassurance
- An improved playroom for younger patients
- A rejuvenated sensory facility for children and young people to utilise
- Specialist physiotherapy equipment in our bespoke gymnasium
- A calming environment throughout all areas of the centre.
With your help, we can create a vibrant space that will help the families who visit feel supported.
The details really matter when it comes to care and this appeal will help fundraise for all the little things that will transform a child’s experience in hospital.
How you can help
Your support is vital to us being able to achieve our vision of a new CYPC.
- £50 could purchase a bubble tube to help alleviate young people with anxiety and complex needs
- £15 could purchase Lego blocks for our children’s playroom
- £25 could purchase a weighted teddy which is designed to comfort those receiving bad news
- £500 could provide a specially designed wall art piece.
Any amount you give makes a difference and it’s so easy to give!
- Make a donation directly to this appeal click here
- Fundraise for us
- Sponsor a piece of equipment, area or even a fundraising event
- Give a gift in kind, contact us to find a list of items we’re appealing for.
Contact us on 0121 685 4379 or email@example.com to get involved.